Needles to say I was annoyed. I had just lost my table and two hours of my life because of wind. So later that day I was cruising around Intructables.com when I saw the The Ice Bulb, and thought, "hmm I wonder".
This Instuctable will show you how to make a night light out of a bad situation.
Step 1: Supplies
2. Broken glass (The glass from my table was the kind that shatters into little cubes.)
3. 1 LED (The brighter the better, so I chose 1 red 5mm.)
4. 3V lithium battery and holder (salvaged mine from and old motherboard)
5. Some wire
6. A switch (If you don't have any on hand, take one from a toy you don't use. Mines from a broken Mr. Coffee :])
7. A drill
8. Some drill bits
9. A soldering Iron
10. Some wire
11. 60/40 rosin fux core solder
Step 2: Lets Make It
1. Dill a hole in the lid of the jar for your switch. Start small and go big and be careful not to tear the metal.
2. Mount your switch.
3. Hook up the circuit as show below.
4. Sink you LED into the broken glass. It was easier for me to hold it in place with tweezers then fill the jar.