First of all I do not take credit for this idea, I know it has been done long before my time, but I feel the necessity to spread it further. You will also need to know how light painting works, which you can find out through one of my other instructables, or a photography website I'm particularly fond of.
Step 1: What You Will Need
- Bike wheel (1 to 2 foot diameter)
- Bike peg*
- LED chain lights of proper length
- Hot glue (also having epoxy helps)
- Battery holder and switch (if lights don't have them)
- Ratchet and correct sized socket for peg
* The bike peg is not necessary as there are many cheaper replacements. It is going to be used to make a handle, and since I had four laying around and they're made for bike wheels this was my best option.
Step 2: Adding the LED's
There is a good chance the string of LED's will be too long for the bike tire. If this is the case its easy to shorten them, though doing so too much may affect the LED's themselves.
At this point you should also attach the switch and battery holder if there isn't one already attached.
Step 3: Connecting the Peg
Take of the lug nut on the side of the wheel that the switch is pointing too. Drop on your peg over the threads and put the lug nut back in place, making sure its tight with a ratchet. Very simple.