If you want a unique jar that can hold a candle that brings flair to your house and no one else has, then this is perfect for you. This project can be done in just one afternoon.
This is a very simple project so anyone can do so, even if you have never created anything.
This is also a relativity cheap project, depending on the quality of the jars.
Step 1: Materials
• Glass Jar(s) (amount up to you) I used 3 jars.
• Yarn or String. Thickness may vary to add a different look.
• Spray Paint. Any color, but I used a White Flat can.
• Paper or Newspaper. This is used lay down while spraying the jars.
• Candles (same amount as jars)
• Towel. Used for drying water off of jars.
Step 2: Prepping the Jar
Clear off the jars of all stickers, can do so by soaking in water to make it easier to come off. Make sure all the glue is off.
This is important so the jar is smooth and paint can be applied.
• Submerge jar into water, I suggest filling the jar half way to reduce movement.
• Let jars sit for 3-5 minutes.
• Peal off the sticker if you used water it should slide right off.
• Make sure all the glue is off.
• Dry off jars completely.
Step 3: Putting the Yarn On
• Cut long strings of yarn, enough to go around the jar multiple times.
• Wrap the yarn around the jar; make sure to leave the start open for tying off at the end. Be creative, use different patterns to make each jar it’s own, or make a collection of the same.
• Once done wrapping, tie the end with the start to keep the pattern.
• Cut off the extra yarn from the knot.