Thought about making a Companion Cube cake? Well, here is how I made my cube cake! It takes a bit of time (12 hours or so) but is worth it!
This instructable is brought to you by "Pandora's Box Bakery" located in Seattle, WA.
Step 1: What you Need
- Food colors (black and pink)
- Multiple bowls and spoons
- Your favorite recipes for cake or a box mix if you must
- Disposable piping bags
- Arteco tips #801 and #803
- The bowl scrapper and smoothing tool from Arteco (see the second to last step if you are unsure what these are)
- An 8 by 8 square baking pan
- Three 9 by 9 cardboard pieces. Two of these should be covered nicely in tin foil for the final presentation.
- A sturdy icing recipe (the last slide will give you this recipe)
- Your favorite filling(s)
- A slightly damp washcloth to clean your tools when icing
- Plastic wrap
- A freezer with plenty of room for the entire cake
- Patience, time, and caffeine.
- A playlist for the 12 hours you will spend on this cake.