I love hot tea, and love to use my tea pots. Keeping it warm enough to enjoy an entire potful before it gets cold can be a challenge. So, I designed a "tea cosy". Found them to be way overpriced and not very imaginative or pretty on the 'net, so I made my own design!
Step 1: Step 1: Supplies you will need
1. double-sided, quilted fabric, cut with pinking shears, to a rectangle that is 9½" x 22½"
2. spool of matching thread
3. 1 spool of 1" grosgrain ribbon, to match your fabric
4. 1 spool of 3/8" grosgrain ribbon, either same color as the 1" ribbon in #3 above, or something that is a nice contrast to the fabric and 1" ribbon.
5. 12" of 3/8" braided elastic.
6. sewing machine, pins, iron, ruler, hem gauge, ability to make a buttonhole or use of a buttonhole attachment on your machine.