My quick and recycled project idea, a small work bench/spray paint/storage area.
Step 1: Materials
One plastic 55 gallon soda syrup barrel
Two 2x2 sheets of plywood
Two sets of hinges c screws
Four wood screws
Four sections of a 2x4
String or twine
Tack or pushpin
Step 2: Marking the Barrel for the Storage Door
2. Measure and mark out with a sharpie a door using the seam of the barrel as a straight edge and reference point. I made mine 12 x 18 inches.
3. Drill holes at the four corners of the door. This is so you can get the jig saw blade into the plastic.
Step 3: Cutting out the door.
Step 4: Finishing the door.
6. Attach the hinges to the outside of the door.
7. Attach the doornob to the door
8. Attach the door to the body of the barrel
Step 5: Make the Working Deck
10. Affix the 2x2 to the barrel. make sure the Bung Holes are pointing toward the ground.
Step 6: Make the Storage Deck
12. Draw an X from corner to corner of the 2x2 to find the midpoint.
13. Tie a pencil to a piece of string and measure out half the distance from step 11.
14. Tack the sting to the midpoint and use the pencil to mark out the correct dimentions.
15. Cut out with a jig saw.
16. Cut four pieces of 2x4 to the height you want your storage deck.
17. Put the pieces in the bottom first, the put the deck in and screw them into the deck.