This Instructable will show you how to make an easy outside or inside decoration for the wintertime: A candle holder made out of ice.
All you need are the following materials:
- 2 different sized plastic or glass containers. They should be sized so that when the smaller container is put into the larger container, there is at least one centimetre space between the two containers. Both containers should either be straight or get wider at the top.
- Water (Does not have to be tap water but make sure that the water looks pure, otherwise the final result might not look good)
- Tape. If you use large containers it is a good idea to use Duct tape or any other strong tape
- Decorations (optional). You can use natural decorations such as small twigs or berries, or other decorations, such as colour glass beads (don’t use too small ones).
- Small weights: For this you can use small pebbles or other small heavy objects
Step 1: Getting started
Put the small container into the larger container. Fill water into the gap between the two containers. The smaller container should rise up as more water is filled in. Fill in water until the rim of the small container is on the same height as the rim of the large container.