Finally got a little time to do some work so I made new seats and motor box for the back of the boat. The plywood for the original motor box and seats was rotten to the the core so everything had to be rebuilt including new plywood, cushions, and vinyl. This is how I did it, take note, this is my first time sewing vinyl and I have not sewn since I was a kid so bear with me.
So this is one of my installments on restoring my 22 foot aluminum Sylvan boat. The boat is an inboard outboard so there is a padded motor box in the back with a custom sized jump seat on each side of the motor. The vinyl all throughout the boat was pretty much shot so in my ultimate wisdom I decided to take on the project and redo the interior. Heck, I sewed back in middle school, what was that.... 25 years ago...... I figured piece of cake.
Step one was to get a sewing machine so off to craigslist I went. $35 later I had a Singer 237 cast iron beast but in Italy in the early 60's and the thing has no problem chomping through eight layers of marine vinyl. So after about two weeks of sewing practice I figured I was ready to go so let's get started on this project!