Step 3: Making a paper wick oil lamp
1. Select a jar.
2. Make a spiral out of wire as before so it pinches onto the wick pointing it up straight.
3. Bend the far end of the spiral into a handle so the wick can be pulled out of the oil for easy lighting. When you make the handle, make it so it sits above the oil and below the jar lid.
4. Fill the lamp so it leaves about 1/8 an inch of wicking above the oil.
5. Pull the wicking up, hold it sideways and light it.
6. Lower the wick into the lamp and enjoy.