Making sand candles is fun and easy to do, they make great gifts and it's a nice activity to do together with your children!
Also you can recycle leftovers of candles this way or transform old candles which you don't burn any more, if you want to go 'all natural'; use beeswax, it smells great, there's no harmfull substances in it and it makes the most beautifull candles!
Step 1: Gather You Materials
It's time to make sand candles, first gather your materials.
- Some old candles (or leftovers of candles) or beeswax
- an old pan to melt the wax in (or a can if you want to melt the wax 'au bain Marie') and something to stir
- candle wick
- a bowl filled with moist sand
- molds of your choice (for instance seashells, sand molds, drinking glasses, small baking tins etc.)
- a stick which is a little thicker then the wick you use and a bit longer than the diameter of your bowl