Also you can recycle leftovers of candles this way or transform old candles which you don't burn any more, if you want to go 'all natural'; use beeswax, it smells great, there's no harmfull substances in it and it makes the most beautifull candles!
Step 1: Gather you materials
- Some old candles (or leftovers of candles) or beeswax
- an old pan to melt the wax in (or a can if you want to melt the wax 'au bain Marie') and something to stir
- candle wick
- a bowl filled with moist sand
- molds of your choice (for instance seashells, sand molds, drinking glasses, small baking tins etc.)
- a stick which is a little thicker then the wick you use and a bit longer than the diameter of your bowl
Step 2: Prepare your mold
Step 3: Take the molds out
Step 4: Insert the wick
Cut off a piece of wick (make sure it's not to short!, see next step for an example of how long the wick should be) and stick it in the hole you just made, use a little bit of sand to close the hole up, if you use to much it will be visible when the candle is done.