Introduction: Making the Connecting Plugs for Macbook and IPhone Charger Interchangeable
All those who have a macbook and a mac charger for your iPhone know the problem: the connecting piece for your socket-outlets *should* be interchangeable, but only the short, direct plug piece really is. The piece with the cord is missing a dent. Or the mobile charger has a tiny bit too much plastic in it. That is what we are going to change. All you need is an electric hot cutter, a screw driver and a bit of patience.
Step 1: Using the Electric Hot Cutter
- First, lay the connection socket of your charger free.
- Then turn on your electric cutter so the blade becomes hot enough to use.
- Next, take your electric cutter and cautiously cut the plastic tooth in your charger's socket. The plastic only takes a few seconds to melt, so be quick.
- Now you can either try to use your hands or easily use your screw driver to break the plastic tooth away from its bottom.
- Try on the cord plug. If it fits, you are done – if not, just take away a tiny bit more plastic with your electric cutter.
Step 2: You Are Done
Congratulations, now your mobile charger is even more versatile than before!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.