Introduction: Making the Fluffiest Pancake Ever
I made the fluffiest pancakes ever! They're so soft and fluffy, just like a baked sponge cake. Japanese-style pancake!
Although you can use ordinary pancake mix from the supermarket, the ingredients for making the Japanese style pancake are easy to find and even easier to put together.
To make the pancake perfectly shaped, you might want to use is a round ring/mold. I wanted to make a 3 inch tall and wide pancake, all I had was the 2 inch with an inch depth. I made my own round mold that's safe to put on a pan by using aluminum foil, making it sturdy enough to hold the pancake mix. I lined it with parchment paper, too.
Here's the recipe:
Makes about 4
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
a pinch of cream of tartar
3 tbsp sugar
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Create a well in the center and add the milk and egg yolks, mix to combine.
3. Make the meringue by beating the egg whites with the cream of tartar. Gradually add the sugar. Beat until stiff peak forms.
4. Fold the meringue into the batter in 2 additions.
5. Place the pan on the stove and set it to medium heat. Brush it lightly with cooking oil.
6. Once the pan is warm enough, place a round ring/mold on the pan and pour the pancake batter.
7. Cook for about 10 minutes, you can flip the pancake once the batter is no longer too wobbly and has set. Check the bottom of the pancake if it has browned by slightly and gently lifting one side of the pancake.
8. After flipping the pancake, continue to cook the pancake for another 10 minutes. You can also use a cake tester to check for doneness.
9. Have it with whipped cream with berries/fruits or maple syrup.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.