These online connections happen quietly in fiber-optical pulses, dimensions accessed through my iPhone. The TFF brings the excitement and interaction back into the physical world. When the wearer receives a tweet, the vintage-inspired dress flutters its wings and sings like a bird. Surely, this celebratory display will attract tweets—and moreTFFs. It was debuted at the 2012 Museums and the Web conference where I was united IRL with my TFFs
This dress aspires to be an homage to the many fulfilling friendships that have been able to hatch and grow online.
Step 1: What's in this Instructable?
- Dress - Reviewed resources for designing clothes from Built by Wendy-Dresses and Pattern Magic books. Vintage-inspired KAS fabric
- Bird songs - From the start I just wanted to cannibalize greeting cards with bird sounds. I love these songs.
- Wings - Looked at many a costume designer videos on YouTube. These wings are not be huge, just a little flutter and hopefully not costume-like
- Tweet sensor - to activates the dress
- Arduino Code - to pull it all together