NOTE: This was my first attempt at a portal cake, and it went quite well! I'm a complete amateur when it comes to baking, so anyone should be able to make this cake without a problem.
Step 1: Gather your materials!
For this cake will need the following:
- 1 Generic Cake Mix (Any box will do. Baking from scratch is also an option. Doesn't matter!)
- 7 Ounces of Cream Cheese (cold)
- 7 Ounces of Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup of Shredded Coconut (sweetened)
- 4 Ounces of Bittersweet Baking Chocolate
- 1 Tube of White Decor Icing
- 4 Ounces of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (chocolate shavings will work too, if you can find them.)
- 8 Maraschino Cherries (no stems!)
- 1 Solid White Candle (longer than average is better)
Now, this recipe could be doubled very easily. My cake was only going to feed two people, so it ended up being quite small (with a lot of icing leftover!). But there is enough icing in this recipe that to double it all you need is a second box of cake mix and a second tube of white decor icing. ^_^