So far we made the wand/staff/walking stick Maleficent uses.
Step 1: Materials
1. large walking stick (fit to your child's height)
3. black spray paint
4. black crow ($6.99 from amazon)
Time: A few days to gather the materials and order the crow.
Step 2: Twine and Spray
2. Set up an area outside and lightly spraypaint the stick...... let dry.
3. I also spray painted a few feet of extra twine just incase I wanted to add more to the stick.
Step 3: Glitter Ball
1. I used my son's old street hockey ball (hopefully he doesn't read this ;) and some glitter as the magical glowing ball for the staff.
2. Coated the top part of the ball with glue.
3. Apply the glitter and repeat until you are happy with the look.
4. Let the top part of ball dry. Flip the ball over and do the same to the bottom.....it was a mess but looks cool!
5. My husband clear coated the ball so the glitter won't rub off.
6. Attaching the ball... How you attach the ball will depend on your stick and type of ball you use. I secured the ball between the two sticks and wrap twine over the top of the ball.
Step 4: Add the Crow
Using a thin wire and a hot glue gun, attach the crow to the top part of the staff.