Introduction: Mango-Coconut Chocolate Frogs
We love making food tributes to our favorite movies, comics and games, so when my business partner and I found frog molds, we knew had to make Harry Potter inspired chocolate frogs! Given the intense heat of the season, we thought this would be a perfect way to keep ice cream and sorbet around for a quick single serving treat.
These perticular frogs were made with mango sorbet and coconut dark chocolate, but you can substitute any flavor you like!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 500g mango puree
- 135g sugar, divided 2/3-1/3
- 220g water
- 52.5g glucose powder
Coconut Chocolate -
- 1/2 lb dark chocolate
- 2tsp coconut extract
- 3T coconut oil, may substitute veg oil
Step 2: Step One - Making Sorbet and Preparing the Molds
- Mix all liquid ingredients in a sauce pan, warm to a near simmer.
- Add 1/3 of the sugar
- In a separate bowl, whisk all dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to liquid, whisking until well combined
- Once well combined, chill in refrigerator for 1 hour
Step 3: Step 2 - Temper Chocolate
- Melt Chocolate over double boiler on medium heat, stirring occasionally
- Once smooth, let cool until think and fudgey
- Once cool, reheat, stirring occasionally
- When chocolate is again completely melted (should look shinny), add oil and extract
Step 4: Step 3 - Fill the Molds
- Brush chocolate onto mold in 2 think coats, placing in freezer after each - extend the second coat beyond the edge of the mold for a better seal
- Fill the molds with sorbet, about 2/3 full
- Freeze until set - about 15 - 20 minutes
- Spoon chocolate over the sorbet in an thick, even layer
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.