Introduction: Mango Kesari : a Sweet Dish Prepared With Fully Ripe Mangoes
This is mango season in our place and we have harvested lots of mangoes from our home garden. We not only eat fully ripe mangoes but also make various dishes with them. Mango Kesari, is one such sweet dish prepared with fully ripe mangoes. This super delicious dish is served as dessert.
I have prepared this dish with one large size mango which will serve about 4 to 5 people. Please see the step-by-step instructions below on how to make the Mango Kesari.
Step 1: Ingredients Required
- One fully ripe mango
- One cup of Semolina (coarse middling of rice grains)
- 250 ml of cow's milk
- Half a cup of Ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 to 5 Cardamom pods
- Handful of Raisins
- Handful of Cashew nuts
- One cup of Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
Step 2: Make Mango Paste
- Peel the skin and cut the mango into small pieces
- You can discard the seed after removing the flesh
- Using a mixer grinder, make a fine paste and keep aside
Step 3: Make Cardamom Powder
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the pods
- Using a mortar and pestle or any such equipment crush the seeds into powder
Step 4: Roast Raisins and Cashew Nuts
- Place a flat bottomed frying pan over low heat and add half a teaspoon of ghee in it.
- Roast the Raisins and cashew nuts in ghee and keep aside
- We will use the same pan for making the dish, so no need to clean it after roasting
Step 5: Roast Semolina in Ghee
- Keep the flame low and add another 3 teaspoons of ghee to the pan
- When the ghee is melted, add the semolina and roast to a golden brown
Step 6: Mix With Milk and Sugar
- Once the semolina is roasted, add half the quantity of milk to the pan
- Keep the flame low to medium
- When the semolina is cooked in milk it will form like a lump and will not stick to the pan
- Now add sugar and mix well.
- Once the sugar starts to melt, add the remaining milk
- With a ladle, break any lumps in the mix and make an even paste
Step 7: Add Mango Paste
- Keep the flame low to medium. Add the mango paste to the pan and mix well
- Add the remaining ghee and continuously stir with a ladle
Step 8: Add Remaining Ingredients
- Now add the Cardamom powder, roasted raisins and roasted cashew nuts to the mix
Step 9: Finish and Serve
- Keep the flame low to medium. If the flame is too high, then the mix will stick to the pan and ruined
- Stir continuously till the Mango Kesari starts leaving the pan and little bit of ghee oozes out from sides
- Put off the flame and allow to cool. The dish will solidify a little
Serve the delicious Mango Kesari as dessert. It tastes so wonderful everybody will love it and ask for a second helping
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.