Introduction: Mango Nutty Nutella Pie Galette
In this instructable I show you how you can make a delicious pie galette with mango and nutella. It is easy to make, it is sweet but not to sweet and has a nice crust. All you need to make this pie galette is: flour, vegetable butter, sugar, ice-cold water, pinch of salt, nutella (store bought or homemade, see my previous instructable) mango, and almond milk.The taste of the chocolate really enhances the flavor of the mango. So the more nutella you put on it the sweeter it gets.
Everybody can make a galette. I use a kitchen machine to make the dough, but you can also easily make it by hand. You need to knead it through longer if you make the dough by hand. If you use a kitchen machine just put the flour, vegetable butter together and add the sugar, ice-cold water and pinch of salt. Mix it with the kitchen machine until you have a flexible dough and let it rest in the refrigerator. Now all you need to do is thinly slice your mango, roll the dough and cover with hazelnut spread before decorating with mango.
Now fold the crust and use some almond milk to brush it before you sprinkle it with sugar. In a pre-heat oven at 400℉ for 35-40 minutes and you are done. Ready to serve!
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the manga nutella pie galette? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 200 gram flour
- 100 gram vegan butter (thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ice-cold water
- 1 mango
- Pinch of salt
- 4-5 tablespoons of hazelnut paste.You can use store-bought hazelnut paste of homemade (see my previous instructable how you can make this)
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar to brush and coat the crust
Step 3: Instructions
- Combine flour and butter in a food processor.
- Add sugar, pinch of salt and lastly the water to get a consistent dough.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Thinly slice the mango set aside.
- Take the pie dough and roll it into a 10-12 inch circle with rolling-pin.
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F/200C.
- Brush 4-5 tablespoons of Nutella chocolate paste in the middle of the pie dough. Leave about 1 inch of the edge free.
- Put the slices of mango in a circle on the dough.
- Fold the edge of the dough over the mango as the crust,
- Brush the crust with almond milk. Sprinkle the crust with Sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in the oven.
- Serve immediately.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.