Once summer starts, we all want to have something chilling. So I am making my husband's favorite Mango Pistachio Kulfi/ Ice cream. Hope you like it.
Kulfi is a frozen dairy dessert from India or a traditional Indian ice cream. Its extremely healthy as its made of milk.
I have presented the Kulfi in 3 different ways: Frozen kulfi filled inside an actual mango, Popsicle style Kulfi and Kulfi in a normal container.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Ripe mangoes - 2 medium size
- Handful pistachio
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
Step 2: Making Mango Puree
- Peal the mango.
- Chop it into smaller pieces.
- Use a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
Step 3: De-seeding the Mango:
- Cut a thin slice on the extreme edge of the mango.
- Use a knife or spoon which is narrow.
- Insert it into the mango and go around the seed so it becomes loose enough.
- Carefully pull it out.
- The mango is now hollow for us to pour the kulfi mixture inside it.
Step 4: Making the Kulfi / Ice Cream Mixture:
Mix the mango puree, evaporated milk, whipped cream, sugar and chopped pistachios with a spoon. The mixture is ready.
Step 5: Final Step - Assembling and Presenting.
To make kulfi / ice cream in the deseeded mango:
- Pour the mixture into the hollow space within the mango.
- Close the open space of the mango with the mango piece itself.
- Freeze the mango.
To freeze in kulfi molds / normal containers:
- Chop tiny square pieces of left over mango.
- Put it in the mold.
- Pour the kulfi / ice cream mixture into the molds.
- Cover it and freeze them.
- If there is any left over mixture, pour it into some other containers.
- Garnish it with chopped pieces of mango and chopped pistachio.
The Mango Pistachio Kulfi or Ice Cream is now ready!
Enjoy and let me know what you think. Thank you.