I got bored of having a standard rectangular square sat in the corner of my office running my server at home - so I started looking around, and found something called the Blair Witch Mod. Unfortunately the original site has now disappeared - but there is a copy of the page on a Russian site for those who are interested here: http://mobbit.info/item/2006/04/03/modding-ved-ma-iz-bler
My wife, however, was unwilling to play along with the project, so I used a mannequin bought from eBay as the base ;)
Step 1: Dismantling original PC
So, first things first - need to take apart a working PC, ready for fitting into the new, far more interesting, case... It's a recycled one from work that's been replaced with a new version, so it's just a P4 2.8, with 512Mb RAM - a long way from being anything special.
Step 2: Preparing the Mannequin
There was a fair amount of work that needed to be done to the mannequin before it could be used - the most obvious being a way to actually mount the PC inside. There was a longitudinal seam that was obviously from the original moulding process, this gave a very obvious place to start.
Using a small hacksaw I cut around this seam, with the only issues being the steel mounting points that are meant to be used to secure the mannequin in shop displays. The mounting points in the left leg and neck aren't required, so are removed, and the hole left by the removal of the neck plate is filled to create a power button location.
The nipples that were on the original moulding were also unwanted, so were filed off, filled and sanded smooth.