Introduction: Margarita Cole Slaw
Boy, is the potato salad is going to to be embarrassed when it sees how awesome the Cole slaw looks! This Margarita inspired side is super-fresh, super-bright and just a touch boozy. Way better than the days-old, mayo-drenched variety.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cubano pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs orange juice
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs celery seed
- 1 Tbs mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Mix all liquid ingredients
- Add sugar and stir until mostly dissolved
- Add celery seed, mustard seed and cayenne
- Mix in peppers and garlic
- Add cabbage and cilantro, toss until all ingredients are evenly distributed
- Cover and set in fridge for at least an hour
- Uncover and toss again, cover and leave in fridge at least another hour (the two hours is recommended to get the cabbage a bit wilted, but the actual time can be more or less based on your preference)
- Serve on BBQ sandwiches, as a side or a snack on it's own!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.