Introduction: Masala Toast – Mumbai’s Street Food Recipe
Our humble English sandwich got nice Indian spicy potato filling in the middle and become our most favorite masala toast. This masala toast recipe I picked up from Mumbai’s street.
It is best served with mint coriander chutney, tomato ketch up and crunchy sev. If tea is thare, just enjoy it with masala toast.
You can serve it as breakfast, snack or give it in lunch box. In anyway it tastes amazing.
For the potato filling:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 spring chopped curry leaves
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp red chili ginger paste
- 4 medium boiled potato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 sliced bell pepper
- Mint coriander chutney
- 1/2 tsp butter for each slice
- red chili ginger paste
- Sev for topping
- Tomato ketch up for serving