let's get cookin'!
spontaneous sort of recipe that i sort of put together for dinner with whatever was left in the pantry, fridge and freezer
really lazy sort of recipe...
(i later found bajillions of versions on Google)
Step 1: Ingredients
2. instant mashed potatoes and ingredients for mashed potatoes (4 servings worth used here)
3. shrimp (or chicken if you don't like shrimp, one cup per pepper is preferred)
4. olive oil
5. 4 cloves of garlic
7. 1/4 cup milk/1 egg
9. lemon juice (optional)
10. salt and pepper
11. Parmesan cheese
Step 2: Clean and Cook Meat
2. if using chicken, marinade chicken in a bowl of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a splash of lemon juice
3. pour a bit of olive oil into sauce pan
4. medium-high heat, sautee some garlic until brown
5. add shrimp or chicken, cook until shrimp turns orange/pink and the chicken turns golden brown
6. add salt and pepper to taste
*you should have more shrimp cooked than shown, remember the shrimp will shrink when you cook it!
Step 3: Peppers
8. take one of the peppers and cut it up into tiny pieces for the stuffing
9. mix a quarter cup of flour and milk (or one egg, i didn't have eggs at the time) together to create simple batter
10. mix the peppers into this flour mixture
11. fry the peppers in olive oil in saucepan at medium-high heat
Step 4: Make Mashed Potatoes
Step 5: Combine Ingredients
13. scoop the stuffing into the hollowed out peppers
14. top with Parmesan cheese and pepper, if desired, add cheese while scooping in the stuffing for more cheese
*in the pictures the meet and vegetables were added first, followed by mashed potatoes, and then mixed because too much mashed potatoes was prepared.
Step 6: Bake
16: Bake the peppers in a pan for 35 minutes (peppers will still be a little crunchy, for softer peppers bake for longer)
Step 7: Serve the Peppers!
*pictured is the chicken cooked without being chopped into little bits for stuffing