Introduction: Mashy's Favorite Pasta Sauce
Well for years I've been trying to create the perfect pasta sauce. Having grown up in France with a father of indian descent, I think my taste buds are somewhat worn away as I like my food to have a looooooooot of flavour. Anyway it has taken me this long to finally create a pasta sauce which actually has a quite a bit of flavour and in the right quantities so here it goes:
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 500g passata
- 1 tbsp mascarpone
- 1 small onion
- 4 large cloves garlic
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash marjoram
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- Some form of cooked meat (optional) - I used chopped up hotdogs
1. Fry up onions and garlic (chopped)
2. Add passata, tomato puree and mascarpone and cooked meat (optional)
3. Cook for around 15/20 mins or the time that it takes for pasta to boil..At about 3/4 minutes before end, add spices.
Serve with pasta.