The coffee was easy, but to have a mug like that would require a bit of work. I couldn't find a mug with such a tiny handle so it is not as accurate a replica as I would like. To make it more interesting I embellished it with an N7 logo on the side (I imagine Commander Shepard should have a mug N7on it!). I also added the Paragon symbol on the inside bottom of the mug (+2 Paragon Points for finishing your coffee).
Step 1: What you will need
- Clean white coffee mug
- Pebleo Porcelain 150 paint (food safe paint) in blue, brownish-black and red
- Paint brushes and sponge
- Painters tape
- Glue stick
- Utility knife
- Print out of N7 and Renegade or Paragon Logos
Step 2: Tape it up
Step 3: N7 Logo
- To mask off the area for the logo I placed some tape over the area.
- I printed the logo template and cut it out.
- I then glued it to the tape with a glue stick.
- With a utility knife I trimmed the tape around the logo, then peeled off the paper template before painting.
Step 4: Paragon Logo
- To create the Paragon logo on the inside bottom of the mug, I placed tape down on a cutting mat, laid the logo over top and cut out the blue area inside the logo (to create a stencil).
- I then traced a circle around the logo.
- I then masked off the inside edge of the mug and placed the tape with the logo in the centre.
Step 5: Paint
- I started off painting the inside of the mug with the blue paint.
- I then painted the outside with black, I needed two coats to cover it evenly.
- Once the paint had dried, I peeled off the tape around the top of the mug and sponged on more black paint just above the top edge of the painted area.
- I then peeled off the tape of the N7 logo and added red paint to the triangular area of the logo.