Photo credit: culinnovation.com
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients and Tools
• Fresh Mint
• Fresh Limes
• Bacardi Rum
• Lime or Lemon Juice Concentrate
• Club Soda
• 2 Wooden Spoons
• Shot Glass
• Margarita Shaker
• Lime Juicer
• Several Bowls
• Highball Glasses
Step 2: Prepare Fresh Mint
• Place several full mint sprigs into the saucepan.
• Remove about 10-15 individual mint leaves for each mojito, and place them in the bottom of each highball glass.
• Place mint-filled glasses in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Make Your Simple Syrup
• Add equal parts water and sugar (i.e. 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar) to create your simple syrup.
• Cook on medium heat and stir until simple syrup comes to a boil.
• Remove from heat and cool.
• (Optional: You can use less water initially and add some ice cubes after the syrup boils. This will accelerate cooling.)