Additional information at : http://patrickmccabemakes.com/hardware/Maze_Solvin...
In this instructable I will be showing you how to build a maze solving robot. This is actually my 3rd attempt at making one. The first was a complete failure. The second was alright at finding the end of the maze, but it could not go back and drive the quickest path. This is my current and 3rd one. It is able to find the end of the maze and then, when put back at the start, drive the shortest path to the end of the maze without going down any dead ends. What surprises me is that it really does not mess up.
This was just a short introduction, everything else from theory, building, and programming will be explained in later steps.
- 2 Micro Gear Motors
- Pair of Motor Brackets
- Pair of Wheels
- Ball Caster
- Analog Reflectance Sensor Array
- #2 Bolts and #2 Nuts
- Arduino RBBB
- Motor Driver IC
- 4AAA Battery Holder
- 4 Rechargeable AAA Batteries
- 3 1in Spacers (Home Depot)
- Bolts and nuts that fit the spacers (Home Depot)
- Hook up wire ( I use 22 gauge)
- .100" Female and Male headers
- Soldering Iron
- Philips Screw driver
- Wire Strippers
- Something to cut the wire with