Introduction: McDonald's Egg McMuffin (Copycat)
If you love Mconald's Egg McMuffins, you're in the right place! Egg McMuffin's are basically the "Big Mac" of the McDonald's breakfast menu! Here's how to make one for yourself, at HOME! Bonus: it's super east to prep! You can even make them in advance and heat them up in the morning! Skip the long Drive-Thru lines, don't get the wrong sandwich, and have it made right, because you made it yourself! It's super easy and take about 5 minutes from start to eat!!
- 1 English Muffin, halved and toasted
- 1 Egg
- 1 slice American Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tsp melted Margarine
- 1 slice Canadian Bacon
- Cooking Spray
- 1tbs Water
- Fry Pan with Lid
- Round Egg Ring (or 1-12inx10in sheet of Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil)
Runner Up in the
One Pot Meals Challenge
Step 1: Make an Egg Ring
If you have an egg ring, skip to step 2! If you don't (like me!) here's how to make one yourself!
- Fold the sheet of foil in half to form a 12inx5in rectangle. Fold it in half the same way 2 more times to end with a 12inx1in strip of foil.
- Make a 1/2in cut through the strip, starting from the bottom, 1in from the left side end.
- Made another 1/2in cut, but this time 1in from the right side and cut it from the top.
- Wrap the strip around and slide the two cuts together to connect the two ends, then press back the flaps.
- Slide the foil over an upside-down cup to form the foil into a perfect circle.
Step 2: Cook the Egg
Heat your pan over medium low. Put in your egg ring and spray the bottom of the pan and inside edges of the ring with cooking spray. Add your egg into the ring and quickly add a little pressure to the ring with the palm of your hand for a few seconds to limit the whites from seeping out. Once the bottom has cooked for about 5-10 seconds you can release the pressure and break the yolk. Make sure to break the yolk or it will separate from the whites when you assemble/eat your muffin! Add the water to the pan on the outside of the ring. Cover the pan and steam the egg for 3 minutes. Carefully remove the ring and discard any whites that may have leaked under the ring. You now have a perfectly cooked and round egg!
Step 3: "Cook" the Canadian Bacon
Canadian Bacon is already "cooked" but you're going to want to heat it up in the pan for about 10-20 seconds per side. This part is really easy.
Step 4: Assemble the Egg McMuffin
Brush some melted margarine on the inside crown of the english muffin. Then place the heated canadian bacon on top of the the margarined crown. On the inside bottom of the muffin place the cheese, then the cooked egg. Place the crown on top of the base and BAM! Your have yourself an Egg McMuffin!! ENJOY!!! Don't forget to VOTE for this instructableand FOLLOW mefor more yummy meals!
makendo made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.