The only thing that makes meat better is more meat and BBQ sauce! These meat skewers are made up of chicken, lil smokies, bacon and then they are slathered in BBQ sauce. Great for any gathering or special occasion, including the SUPER BOWL!
Step 1: Supplies
This took a couple tries, but in the end, this is what I used.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
I was able to make about 15 kebabs, but at the end, for the last two, I only put on chicken because I ran out of smokies. So try to plan accordingly 1 kebab = 3 smokies + 3 chicken cubes + 1 piece of bacon. Really, it never hurts to have extra bacon or extra BBQ smokies.
- Bacon - 1 per kebab
- Chicken, boneless - (cut into cubes) 3 cubed pieces per kebab
- Lil Smokes - 3 per kebab
- BBQ Sauce - as much as you want
Step 2: Assemble
Time to put things together.
Start with your skewer (I cut mine down a bit. You can make one and then judge how long you want them. They will burn in the oven. Optionally, soak them for half an hour beforehand.
- Skewer the bacon halfway through.
- Alternate skewering 3 smokies and 3 pieces of chicken.
- Bring the bacon back to the top of the screw, both sides, and stab it!
- The chicken and smokies should be, now wrapped in bacon.
- Also, don't scrunch them up too much, you want to make sure the chicken cooks.
Step 3: Bake
Time to bake! You are baking them at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Put them in for 12 minutes, then take them out and flip them, then put them back in for a final 12 minutes. The time will vary, but what is important is the chicken and bacon are cooked. The smokies will be fine regardless.
I don't think you have to do this, but I put them on the rack so that the chicken and smokies touched the rack and the bacon was on the side. I just wanted to make sure the chicken cooked, but I don't think you need to be so picky.