The chicken (or beef) teriyaki is fairly easy to make. The most time consuming part is the marination process. The results are more than worth it!
Step 1: Ingredients
The ingredient list for this is fairly short. Note that beef can be substituted for the chicken for tasty beef teriyaki!
- 1-2 lbs Chicken (I normally buy the boneless thighs or breast tenders when they go on sale)
- --> Beef can also be used, though I am not sure which cut would be best
- 15 oz bottle of Teriyaki sauce*
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice (optional)
- Big Bowl
- Flat Pan
* Note this is NOT the glaze! If you like the shiny outside then you can add this later prior to grilling. I like the runnier kind for this purpose.