When ever I have guests or feel like having home made Patties ,I take it out from the freezer an hour early to defrost. It is already semi fried/semi baked , so that it does not get pasted in the fridge.. Once it is defrosted I fry it over again until golden brown.
If you don't want to fry, you can apply egg yolk on top of the patties and bake them until golden brown.
Baking is much more healthier,but I like it Fried ,as it is much more tastier.
I am publishing with more pictures ,so that every body understands well looking at the pictures alone.
Enjoy with your favourite choice of Sauce...Super delicious...
Step 1: Ingredients
Butter or Margarine
Lime or lemon (option)
Step 2: Making the Dough
2. With you fingertips mix the melted butter, flour and salt until the mixture resembles fine sand. Then add cold water little by little to make the dough.Do not add too much butter,as it will become very soft.In case you add too much butter or water don't panic,just add more flour.
3.With floured hands mix and knead well until it becomes soft.
4. Make small balls so that it is easy to roll out one by one.Now set a side.
Step 3: Making the Filling
2. Pressure cook the beef for few minutes.
3. Boil the potatoes and cut them in to small cubes.
4. Drain the water off and chop the beef also in to small pieces.
5. Finally chop the spring onions.
Step 4: Cooking the Filling
2. Add the ginger paste,cook until golden brown
3. Add the chopped beef ,curry leaves and salt to taste.
4. Add turmeric powder and paprika powder.If you want it hot and spicy instead of paprika powder add chilli powder and a little curry powder.
5. Add the spring onion.
6. Mix well and let it cook on slow fire.
7 Finally add the potatoes and mix well.
8. Let it simmer on slow fire..Add a little more water if needed.The consistency should be thick.Once it is cooked set it a side to cool.
Step 5: Combine Dough and Filling
2. With clean fingers roll out the dough one by one until it is 1/8 inch thick.
3. Lay the rolled flat dough on top of the Patties cutter.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the filling onto one side of the dough.
5+6 Fold the other half over to make a half-moon, press to seal.
7. Remove the excess dough which is out side the cutter.
8. Press well so that it gets sealed properly,if not it will open out when frying.
9+10 When you open the cutter ,the Patties can be on to any side you turn to.
11+12 If you do not have a Patties cutter here is another way to cut the dough with a bottle.
Press the glass rim on to the rolled dough a bit harder , so that it cuts a shape of a round.Remove the extra dough.
13. Spoon in the filling and press the edges together.if your dough is on the dry side you may need to run wet fingers around the edge of the circles to help get a good seal
14. Lightly press a floured fork around the edge of the patties to make ridges.
15. Ready to be fried.
Step 6: Frying
2. Transfer it to a sieve so that the excess oil drips, and then to a tea towel.
3. You can make a lot at one time and semi fry part of it ,cool, and Freeze them.
4 . A delicious plate of snack called PATTIES
Thanks for reading.
Sharing it with love!!
I have posted this in the Hurriecane contest too.
I am a day care mom who is working full time,and do not have enough time for my sewing and crafting work which I love it very much.If ever I win the laser cutter I will give up my full time job or reduce it to a couple of hours(because I do a lot of craft work with the kids and they will be dissapointed to see me no more)and start my own business at home as I have enough and more sewing orders which I can not do it on time.Every instructable I do with the help of the laser cutter,I will definetly post it on this great site.