Hi This time I will show you how I did the Tortoise. It was easier to be done because it has a simple movement to collect and stretch the neck.
This was an animal I made for the presentation of my daughter because it also represents one of the most smuggled animals and also suffer a lot of abuse. When buying one of these, make sure you know where the animal originated. Otherwise you probably will be financing and encouraging the smuggling of wild animals.
Step 1: Materials:
- Figure of the Tortoise (free): http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/animal-global/yellowfooted/
- 8 sheets of A4 paper (the file is only two but I need to print in poster format, 4 pages per sheet for the sea turtle is a little bigger)
- Two wooden clothes pins
- Pieces of balsa wood * 3mm (Ferry because he had used but can be used cardboard 0.5 mm)
- A Styrofoam tray (those which are the slices of cheese on the market)
- A servomotor with a plastic coat hanger
- Two bolts with nuts and washers (of about 6 cm)
- A strip of velcro (6 x 3cm)
- Programed Arduino, brotoboard, wires, batteries, servo lead Connection
- Glue, hot glue, instant glue, scissors, ruler, pliers, etc ...