Step 4: Insulation
- Place a layer of insulation in the bottom of the box. Fill to the top of the 1X1 bottom support board.
- Place the inner box into the outer box. Center the box so that you have a 2” gap on all sides. Fill this gap slowly with insulation. You may have to bend the metal tabs up a bit to allow for access to the space. Gently pack the insulation into the space. Continue filling all the way to the top.
- Attach the metal tabs of the inner box down to the top of the outer box. Start at one corner and work your way around. The small tabs from the short sides of the inner box should lay under the tabs from the larger sides.
- Go around the edges with a hammer and bend the metal down to avoid any sharp, dangerous protrusions.
- Seal all cracks and seams with silicon and let dry.