Step 1: For the Cookies
- Circle Cookie Cutters
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough.
3. Roll out dough and cut cookies
4. Bake for about 11-12 minutes or until golden brown
Step 2: For the Decorations & Royal Icing:
- Black Food Marker
- Orange Icing
- Brown Icing
* Depending how many cookies you were able to cut, make as many marshmallow heads as needed.
1. Take one marshmallow and draw a snowman face. Make sure there is space between your eyes and mouth so you can pipe out a carrot for the snowman's nose.
Step 3: Decorations & Royal Icing Continued...
Step 4: Decorations & Royal Icing Continued...
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon & 1 1/2 teaspoon of meringue powder
4-6 tablespoons of warm water
In mixer, combine powdered sugar and meringue powder. Add water slowly. Beat until you achieve desired consistency.
4. Ice one cookie at a time then place buttons and head on.