Introduction: Melting Snowmen Cookies
I just recently discovered Pinterest, and I am obsessed! My co-worker showed me how to use the application on Saturday, when I was working at the bakery, and now I can't put down my phone or get off of the computer. I just keep exploring :) I started a board for Christmas, and noticed that melting snowmen cookies were popular for the upcoming holiday; therefore, I decided that making the cookies was going to be my motivation to get through the upcoming work week.
Step 1: For the Cookies
- Circle Cookie Cutters
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough.
3. Roll out dough and cut cookies
4. Bake for about 11-12 minutes or until golden brown
Step 2: For the Decorations & Royal Icing:
- Black Food Marker
- Orange Icing
- Brown Icing
* Depending how many cookies you were able to cut, make as many marshmallow heads as needed.
1. Take one marshmallow and draw a snowman face. Make sure there is space between your eyes and mouth so you can pipe out a carrot for the snowman's nose.
Step 3: Decorations & Royal Icing Continued...
2. Take a little bit of vanilla icing and dye it orange with food coloring. Put the orange in a piping bag and pipe nose. Set aside.
Step 4: Decorations & Royal Icing Continued...
3. Prepare the Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon & 1 1/2 teaspoon of meringue powder
4-6 tablespoons of warm water
In mixer, combine powdered sugar and meringue powder. Add water slowly. Beat until you achieve desired consistency.
4. Ice one cookie at a time then place buttons and head on.
Step 5: Decorations & Royal Icing Continued...
5. Put chocolate frosting in a piping bag and pipe branches.
6. You're done! Plow one!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.