Step 1: Gather the Stuff You Need
- PVC 1/2" coupling tube (x1) ~ $0.15 @ local home improvement store
- PVC 1/2" end cap (x1) ~ $0.30 @ local home improvement store
- Two litter Coca Cola cap (x1) ~ free
- Paper Clip (x1) ~ free
- Small cord ~ free
- Dremel (+ drilling bits + cutter)
- Loctite Super Glue
- Duct Tape
Step 2: Drilling the Cap
Step 3: Drilling the PVC End Cap
Step 4: The Release System
- The first one is the most classic one: drill two aligned 1/32" holes perpendicular to one end of the 1/2" coupling tube, on each side, where you will then put a paper clip. The setback of this system is that the Coke, in the process, will also escape from these little holes.
- The second one works very well too and is more "leak proof": instead of a paper clip, it is using two small magnets (on outside the 1/2" coupling tube and on inside). For this system, instead of drilling small hole, you'll have to machine the coupling tube in order to flatten the tube and thus make a stable base for the magnets.
Step 5: Glue All the Pieces Together
Step 6: Experiment !
- Insert 5 mint Mentos into the geyser tube and lock them with the release system (paper clip or magnet)
- Place the Diet Coke bottle in a large outside open space (parking lot, etc.)
- Open the Diet Coke bottle and carefully screw the loaded geyser tube to it.
- Make sure no people or animals are in the line of fire, and trigger the release system with the help of the small cord
- Enjoy !