Introduction: Merge Gmail and Calendar Into Evernote
Here is my first Instructables, if there is any question just contact me!
In every day to-do stuff we often use free web tools such as Wunderlist, Trello, Evernote, Calendar, Mail, etc. But always something is missing or not just fit exactly to your needs. For example, I like evernote, but I miss an easy communication with my e-mail and also a calendar.
Here is were an amazing tool play an important role: www.ifttt.com
It is a simple comand "If THIS then THAT" that involves a lot of web based tools. In my example I will share how to merge functionalities from Calendar, Gmail and Evernote in this manner:
- If a calendar event is created, then create a note in Evernote, in Notebook "Schedule", Tag "Schedule".
- If a new email is received labeled as "clips", then create a note in Evernote, in Notebook "Gmail", Tag "Clips".
- If a new email is starred, then create a note in Evernote, in Notebook "Gmail", Tag "Starred"
Step 1: Evernote Configuration
Create an account if you don't have. In Evernote you can choose to work with Notebooks or Tags. I prefer to use a combination of both.
Create some Notebooks called:
Create some Tags called:
Step 2: Gmail Configuration
In Gmail We have to create some filters.
- In Gmail main screen Go to Configuration>filters
- Create a new filter following the two images above.
Step 3: IFTTT Configuration
Just go to www.IFTTT.com and create a free account.
Then add this recipes:
Test the recipes, then clic Check in all the recipes and enjoy!
PD: Explore all the capabilities that IFTTT can offer to you!