Is it a pen, or a super secret way to pass messages to... umm... err... someone?
Yeah it's not encrypted, but who writes hand written notes anymore? That more than anything else provides security that no amount of electronic hacking can crack.
Step 1: Pick Your Weapon of Mass Secrecy!
Pick your favorite disposable ballpoint pen. I chose opaque. Translucent didn't seem right for a spy message pen, too revealing.
The only important thing is that you can separate the ballpoint head / ink assembly from the body of the pen. This will be your secret message compartment. Although if you couldn't get it open you could use some sort of top secret telepathy technology to transfer your message into the essence of the pen itself!
Step 2: Disassembly and Arming Instructions...
1. Remove pen cap, and separate ballpoint head and ink assembly from the body of the pen. Be mindful not to break the ink well during this step. Unless of course you need a distraction. Then by all means. Also if you need to take part in some stealthy covert night missions you can cover your exposed skin such as face and hands in the ink so you'll be invisible. Or do you need invisible ink for that?
2. Cut a piece of paper to the width of the ink well.
3. Arm your weapon of mass secrecy with a well written love note or some other important message.
4. Tape your message to the ink well. Don't use too much tape. You don't want it to be difficult to remove. You need just enough tape to prevent the note from slipping as you roll it around the ink well.
5. Roll note tightly around the ink well, being sure not to break the ink well.
7. Put cap back on pen. Unless you have some more writing to do.
Note: One of the beauties of using a pen as your secret message device is that the recipient can write a message back to you with the same pen.
Step 3: Deliver Your Payload!
- Firmly grasp the pen with both hands.
- Break pen in half making sure to rupture the inkwell.
- Flail arms vigorously to send drops of ink and clothing destruction towards unsuspecting enemies.
If you are reading this you have successfully completed your mission, or umm... are just still reading through the instructable. It's now time to let the device of mass secrecy cause all sorts of havoc and enjoy countless hours of note passing with no one being the wiser.
Or in my case score points with my wife for passing her love notes! Thanks for your interest, hope it was worth at least a few minutes of your time.