Step 1: What You Need
1. 2 strips of steel 1/8" thick, 3/4" wide, 18" long (heart)
2. A strip of steel 1/8" thick, 2" wide, 8" long (base)
3. A small washer about 2" in diameter
4. Spray paint of choice + primer (I chose a satin black)
5. A tea light candle
1. A form of cutting metal (Chop saw, Grinder, or hacksaw)
2. A welder capable of small tack ( I used my crappy MIG welder)
3. Vice Grips
Optional (but helpful)
1. A scrolling tool (Don't worry if you don't have one)
Step 2: Making the Scrolls
If you have experience with metal work, make two "S" scrolls of the same size.
Now for the rest of you, follow these steps.
First, you will need a random piece of pipe(1" in diameter) you can clamp the 3/4" strips to.
Then, start bending the strip to form a swirl. (It shouldn't take much strength)
Shape the metal to give it a smooth transition
Repeat the same steps with the other end making sure you bend the metal in the opposite direction making an "S"
Now do this for the other strip and you should have the heart part done
Step 3: The Base
If you want a flat base move to the next step
For a curved base, clamp the middle your 2" strap to the same random pipe and push down on both sides so you get a slight curve
It is best to use a piece of strap slightly longer than you will need then cut it to length after you curve it
Step 4: The Welding
First tack the 2 "S" scrolls together to make the heart
Then tack that to the base
Finally tack the washer to the heart
You are done!!! Pat yourself on the back :D
Step 5: Painting and Finishing
First, you must remove any spatter that is left with a grinder, dremel, nail file, etc....
For the paint you will need a primer, and the top coat of your choice.
Follow the instructions for priming and painting.
Once the paint has dried you are finished
All you have to do now is give this to someone or keep it in your home
Remember to light the candle!!!