Introduction: Metal Stamped Horseshoe Earrings
Step 1: Tools Needed
- (2) Pewter Banner Stamping Blanks
- Horseshoe Design Stamp
- Star Design Stamp
- Hole Punch Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flush Cutters
- Ergo-Angle Hammer
- Steel Block
- Stamp Enamel
- Polishing Cloth (or other soft cloth)
- 20 Gauge Wire
- (2) Earring Wires
- (2) Turquoise Beads (drilled)
Step 2: Stamp the Blanks
Stamp horseshoe and star on both ends of the two banner blanks.
Watch Metal Stamping Basics for more.
Step 3: Use Stamp Enamel
Use Stamp Enamel to make the impressions stand out.
See Stamp Enamel for tips and instructions.
Step 4: Punch Holes
Use the hole punch pliers to punch a hole in the middle of each banner blank.
Step 5: Bend the Blanks
Bend the banner blanks gently, using your fingers, around a 1/2 inch dowel, or anything else that is about 1/2 inch in diameter (like the handle of a chasing hammer).
Step 6: Make a Loop in the Wire
Use the round-nose pliers to make a small loop at the end of a 1 inch piece of 20 gauge wire.
Step 7: Thread the Wire
Thread the wire through the center hole of one of the banner blanks.
Step 8: Make a Loop in the Wire
Use the round-nose pliers to make a loop on the other end of the wire.
- Hold the wire close to the top of the banner blank with the round-nose pliers.
- Wrap the wire around the pliers tightly to make a second small loop on top
- Use the flush cutters to trim the excess wire.
Step 9: Attach the Bead
Attach the bead to the earring.
- Thread a 2 inch piece of 20 gauge wire though one end of the banner blank.
- Thread one turquoise bead onto the wire.
- Thread the wire through the other end of the blank
Step 10: Make Loops in the Wire
Use the round-nose pliers to make a loops on both ends of the wire.
- Wrap the wire tightly around the round-nose pliers.
- Use the flush cutters to trim the excess.
- Repeat this on the other end of the wire.
Step 11: Attach Earring Wires
Use the chain-nose pliers to attach earring wires to the top loop on each earring.