Obviously, these are dangerous, probably illegal, and a ton of fun.
EDITING NOTES: I first published this back when I was pretty new to the site, and just got around to editing it up to my current standards as best I could. Forgive the picture quality, my first camera was pretty low quality and I had no idea how to use it correctly. This project isn't too practical, but still a fun way to spend a few hours.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- Push pins (not thumbtacks, use the kind in the picture)
- Fast drying adhesive (I used hot glue, but CA glue or hobby glue would work fine too)
- Cap gun caps (mine came in rings so I had to cut them out)
- Power drill with a chuck that will securely hold the push pin by its point
- Wire cutters
- File- you might want to use a larger one for roughing and a smaller one for finishing
- Razor knife
- Cheap spring powered Airsoft gun (I mean it, use a crappy one. These darts are very roughly made and can easily damage the inside of an airsoft barrel, or destroy the hop-up system.)
- Wire brush to clean file teeth
Step 2: Set up
Note- This will not work with all drills. If your chuck cannot tightly hold the pin, then try wrapping the pin tip in tape before sticking it in the chuck.