Introduction: Mexican Chocolate Cherry Chili Cookies
You'll definitely want to have a glass of milk with these guys!
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 Tbs flax seeds, ground
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup oatmeal
1 stick unsalted butter (or margarine)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg (or egg replacer)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Mexican chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Baking sheets
Pretty much the same steps as most any cookie recipe...
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl
- In the other bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Then add the egg and vanilla
- Add dry mixture into wet in a few portions
- When dough is thoroughly combined, mix in the chopped chocolate and cherries by hand
- Roll out 1" balls of dough and place on cookie sheet a couple inches apart from each other
- Bake at 350oF for 12 - 15 minutes
Finalist in the
Chili Pepper Challenge
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.