Mexican Hot Mocha
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 4 mins
Total time: 34 mins
- 1 cup (235 ml) plain soy or other nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon (3 g) instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tablespoons (18 g) Sucanat
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon mild to medium chili powder, to taste 1 tablespoon (11 g) nondairy semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the milk, espresso powder, cocoa powder, Sucanat, cinnamon, and chile powder in a small-size saucepan. Let chill in the fridge for 1 hour, to let the flavors develop.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 4 minutes, whisking occasionally. Stir in the chocolate chips until melted, and serve.