So I will have to get Guitar Hero portable by exhausting manual labor.
At this point, please don't come up with "But there is already a portable Guitar Hero - Guitar Hero On Tour". Yes, it is portable.. But does it look like a guitar? Naah. The game is good.. The handling is.. well.. circuitous.
And this is the main (basically it is the only) component. The rest consists of cardboard, white glue and wires.
No woodworking, no welding, no sewing, no complicated tech. Hurray!
Step 1: The materials
- A (working) Nintendo DS Lite or DS Classic - DSi and newer won't work with the Guitar Grip. (I will not put that on the cost list, as it can be furthermore used normally)
- Guitar Hero On Tour (same)
- A Guitar Grip - I got mine pretty cheap - 2$ in the Guitar Hero On Tour Decades Bundle (I bought a few more, as you can see). I will charge 15$ for that, I think that's realistic.
- 5 wires in different colors, isolated, conductive (surprisingly) - 2$
- Thick corrugated cardboard, about 1 m2 - 0,50$
- White Glue - 2$
- Yesterday's newspaper - 0,99$
- Colors (at least black) - 2$
Overall cost: 22,49$