Micro Log Cabin

Published

Introduction: Micro Log Cabin

About: I have a knack for making functional miniatures. I don't use any specialized tools or materials for making these.

Guess what Santa is going to get this X-mas!

Santa’s micro Log House

  • Built from toothpicks and furnished too!
  • Here’s a tiny log house, the smallest one I ever built!
  • Next, I plan to install it on a succulent plant, add 2 electrodes, connect a joule thief and power a small LED inside the cabin!
  • 165 individual parts and 3 days to make, completely furnished too!

Step 1: Micro Santa

For long, wanted to make a tiny little Santa

finally here is one from cold porcelain

Step 2: Process

built all the parts individually from cold porcelain

30 parts glued together

Tools:

  1. Tweezers
  2. A fine needle
  3. A razor blade

Here one has to to wait for each part to dry and add in sequence in order one doesn't lose or damage the other parts

viz once the blank head was made, beard added and allowed to dry, followed by mustache, nose, eyes, ears, and eyebrows too. The cap was made at the end after all the parts were firm.

Did not use any kind off magnifying tool to make other than to photograph it

Share

    Recommendations

    • Woodworking Contest

      Woodworking Contest
    • Colors of the Rainbow Contest

      Colors of the Rainbow Contest
    • Oil Contest

      Oil Contest
    user

    We have a be nice policy.
    Please be positive and constructive.

    Tips

    Questions

    4 Comments

    Nice! I made a very similar cabin entirely out of paper about 2-3 years ago now, I apologize for the blurry picture, I gave it away as a gift to a friend so I no longer own it, but I made 2 predecessors and I'm planning on making a smaller one anyways. I love how small the one you made is, I've gotta try to make one smaller soon :D.

    temp_322960066.jpgtemp_-1755456877.jpgtemp_-354682738.jpgtemp_-1733661620.jpgtemp_21414533.jpg
    1 reply

    wow these are awesome

    looking forward to your new miniatures

    Thanks, first I made a large version, then scaled down all
    the individual parts and this is the result