Introduction: Middle Tennessee Craftsman's Co-op
Our goal is to create an affordable multi-discipline craftsman's co-op providing the tools, materials, and knowledgeable resources for fellow makers and would-be makers to pursue the dying arts of handcraftsmanship. Members of the co-op would be able to learn from other members, teach their arts, and would have access to an online storefront to sell their wares.
Were we to win the $25,000 grand prize in the Jack Daniels Independence Contest we plan to use the money for the following:
- Woodworking tools including lathes, saws, handtools, etc.
- Woodworking materials including hardwoods, softwoods, stains, etc.
- Leatherworking tools including stamps, knives, mallets, etc.
- Leatherworking materials including various leather types, stains, hardware, etc.
- Metalworking tools including forge, hammers, anvils, etc.
- Metalworking materials
Our final goal would be to expand the co-op to include other handcrafting disciplines, including glasswork, pottery, sewing, and other practices. Additionally we would like to provide free seminars to the public, particularly youths, in the desire to grow the interest in old world craftsmanship.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.