Were we to win the $25,000 grand prize in the Jack Daniels Independence Contest we plan to use the money for the following:
- Woodworking tools including lathes, saws, handtools, etc.
- Woodworking materials including hardwoods, softwoods, stains, etc.
- Leatherworking tools including stamps, knives, mallets, etc.
- Leatherworking materials including various leather types, stains, hardware, etc.
- Metalworking tools including forge, hammers, anvils, etc.
- Metalworking materials
Our final goal would be to expand the co-op to include other handcrafting disciplines, including glasswork, pottery, sewing, and other practices. Additionally we would like to provide free seminars to the public, particularly youths, in the desire to grow the interest in old world craftsmanship.