Introduction: Milk Carton Notebook/Purse
This is a larger version of the Milk Carton Wallet that I posted previously. See link below for the smaller version.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Rinsed 1/2 gallon milk or juice carton with plastic spout
- Ex-acto knife
- Awl or scribe tool
- Template for Milk Carton Checkbook Wallet
- Pop Rivet tool
- Pop Rivets
- 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (I used 45")
Step 2: Prepare the Carton
- Carefully unfold the top section. It helps to take the cap off to pull the sections apart. Try to disturb as little as possible.
- On the side opposite the spout, cut down the middle of the carton.
Step 3: Carton Laid Out Flat
Step 4: Trace the Template
- Trace the template.
- Mark where the dotted lines cross the outside edge.
- Hint: If the spout is making it difficult to trace the template - let the spout fall over the edge of the table/surface.
- Using an awl, scribe the horizontal line that bisects the half circles.
- Scribe the other horizontal lines.
- Scribe the vertical line that creates the half circle.
- Find the center point of the half circles and scribe the rest of the lines.
Step 5: Fold on Scribed Lines
Step 6: Finish
- Fold all scribed lines.
- Bring flap over the top and secure with the plastic cap.
- If you have trouble getting the cap to screw on you may need to enlarge the hole a bit.
- If you want to add a strap - I used 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. Mark the holes 1 inch from the edge and use a pop rivet tool to attach the ribbon to the notebook with pop rivets.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.