Introduction: Milk Fudge - 3 Ingredient Quick Dessert
For Christmas this year, I wanted to try something new which my daughter can also enjoy. So, I decided to make malai peda/milk fudge. Milk Fudge is also called Malai Peda in India and is popularly made in North India in most festivals. It is a very easy dish and extremely liked by all including kids. Its made with just 3 ingredients, hence easy. Please try it and I am sure you will love it. Thank you.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Milk Powder - 1 Cup
- Whipping Cream - 1/2 Cup
- Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp (For flavour. You could use nutmeg powder or cinnamom powder or anything of your choice)
- Food color - optional (For Decoration)
- Sprinkles - Optional (For Decoration)
- Dry Fruit shavings - Optional (For Decoration)
Step 2: Preparation Steps:
- Mix heavy cream and milk powder in a pot and keep mixing till it gets thicker.
- Ensure you keep mixing continuously else it might burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.I
- t will start leaving the sides of the pan and become like a thick dough. This thick dough is called Mawa.
- Immediately transfer to a plate in-order to stop the cooking process.
- When its luke warm, add cardamom powder and sugar.
- Ensure you add sugar only after the dough cools down else sugar will melt and the batter will become thin.
- Ensure it is luke warm and not completely cold because if it cools completely, then it will form cracks while making milk fudge patties.
- Add food color of your choice for a festive look. I have used yellow, red and green food color to make yellow, red and green milk fudge/malai peda respectively.
- Make patties/diamond shapes and decorate with sprinkles or crushed nuts.
The 3 ingredient dessert which is so tasty and super easy to make is ready. Enjoy your milk fudge!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.