In this lesson, you will learn to design a cool pair of party glasses!
Step 1: Your Starting Block
We need something to build with!
- Start by dragging the Box shape to the Workplane.
- You can find the Box shape in the panel on the right side of the screen.
Step 2: Scale It a Bit Smaller
Let's adjust the size a bit.
- Scale it smaller to a height of 5mm tall and size it to 6 x 6mm.
- You can adjust the "Snap grid" located in the lower right corner of the editor from 1.0 to 0.5.
Step 3: Start Building
A quick way to duplicate Boxes is to press and hold the ALT key on the keyboard while you use are moving a Box. Yay!
- Now, drag the Box to the area outlined in Orange.
- Copy & Paste the Box to fill in the rest of the outlined areas.
Step 4: Continue Building
Now, let's stretch the last one a bit.
- Scale it to 24mm long to fill the area outlined in orange.
Step 5: Continue Building
Let's s make a few more.
- Copy & Paste the long ones to the outlined areas. Nice!
Step 6: You've Got the Moves!
You've got the moves!
Remember the ALT button when moving a Box!
- Let's fill in the remaining outlined areas.
Step 7: Almost There!
You're almost done!
- Select all the objects.
- Group them together by clicking on the "Group" button on the toolbar.
Step 8: Party On!
Great job, you made it!