Minecraft is awesome! It looks awesome and it is fun to play. Its pixelated style goes perfectly with needlecrafts like plastic canvas. I decided to make up a tissue box cover with plastic canvas in the style of the Minecraft TNT block. Enjoy!
PS: Thank you to Jessyratfink for finding and suggesting the location that was used for this picture.
Step 1: Supplies and Pattern
- 7 Mesh Plastic Canvas (can be hard to find in stores and I needed 2 sheets in order to cut out all the pieces)
- #16 Metal Yarn Needle
- 3 Shades of Red Yarn (dark, medium, and light) (I actually used the dark and light to make my medium)
- 3 Shades of Grey/White Yarn (dark, medium, and light)
- Black Yarn
- Square Tissue Box (red preferably, though it will be covered and doesn't really matter)
- Scissors and Exacto Knife (Exacto is optional if you need it)
Also, for the yarn, you don't want it too light or it won't cover the plastic canvas well. I used yarn that was Medium (4) weight. I used mostly Red Heart and Vanna. I got anything that was Medium weight in the color I needed.
The pattern is here for you to try to follow along with. I actually just looked at images online and went for it. But I wanted to write up the pattern just in case. In the next couple steps I'll talk about stitches, because instead of doing all short stitches or all long stitches I did 2 short with a long to imitate a pixel. I used MacStitch to make the patterns and with the free version you cannot save so you get a screenshot of what I did.
I searched the internet in order to see what the TNT block looks like. The side was easy to find and recreate and I found the top here.