Schematics for the AT-ST was from the site The-Bluprints.com. It hosts some of the largest collection of free schematics and this project was definitely not possible without them....(thanks guys!!)... ...
For the main turret, I cut six (6) pieces from regular sized popsicle sticks to match the size of the illustration in the blueprint. After the glue has set, I used a drum and disc sander attachment to grind and shape the turret based on the schematics.
The front armor housing the main blaster and command viewports were separately glued and sanded into shape. The slot for the main blaster was carved using a reinforced cutting wheel from Dremel.
Tiny parts for the command viewports, ingress/egress hatch, mini laser blaster and concussion grenade (and their mountings) were cut from various parts from the 'spares' box and sanded to its final shape using a fine disc sander attachment.